Code Of Ethics
The following is a Code of Conduct for the students of S.D.M. College of Dental Sciences & Hospital. This Code was developed with inputs from the Administration, faculty and students with the aim of defining the values and principles that are shared by students, faculty, and administration.
Academic and Professional Ethics
- treat faculty, students, patients, and staff in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner
- avoid cheating, the appearance of cheating, plagiarism, or misrepresenting other peoples work as my own
- maintain the confidentiality of internal and external professional examinations taken during my enrolment in the BDS programme. I will not reproduce, share or use unauthorised/unreleased examination content through memorisation, recording, or posting of questions or answers in any format
- adhere to the Patient Rights, including respect for patient confidentiality
- attend to clinical work/appointments well prepared, appropriately dressed, and with the necessary armamentarium
- adhere to the specific code of conduct described in Chapter 1 of the Clinic Handbook
- adhere to clinic and laboratory cleanliness protocols established at the college
- comply with infection control and safety guidelines of the institution
- consult a member of the administration or a faculty member if I am unsure that I am following college policy
- report unethical behaviour to the concerned faculty, the course in-charge, or to the Dean, Academics
As I enter the Profession of Dentistry, I am aware of the ethical, moral, and professional standards I am expected to uphold. My signature indicates that I agree to abide by all of the provisions of this Code as well as the Professional Conduct Code in the SDM Clinic Handbook and to appropriate Student Conduct and Discipline in general. I understand that a violation of this Ethics Code shall constitute a violation subject to discipline under the SDMCDS Policy on Student Conduct and Discipline.