The Department of Pedodontics is located in the left wing of the school on ground floor with a UG and PG Clinical Sections, Seminar Room, Department Library cum Digital Section, Offices of the faculty and Post Graduate Student’s room. The Department is equipped with 38 Dental chairs units, X-ray Unit with RVG and Intra oral camera, and a well equipped laboratory. Department is equipped with latest audio visual aids for UG and PG curriculum activities and separate children’s recreation and entertainment section.
- The undergraduate training programme commences in third year and final year of BDS. During two months of clinical posting, students are trained in Diagnosis and treatment planning, preventive procedures like fluoride application, brushing methods, pit and fissures sealants etc., they also undergo training in various restorative and minor oral surgical procedures.
- The Post Graduate training programme is of three years duration starting with first quarter which includes preclinical exercises and learning about comprehensive examination of children and a detailed case history recording.
- The clinical training programme starts after 3 months with application of their skills and knowledge for comprehensive treatment of children. The programmes are characteristically intensive and require organization, dedication, focus and hard work from the post graduates.
- Pediatric Dentistry Department has an established culture of active learning with relatively little didactic instruction.
- The media of teaching and learning include seminars, tutorials, laboratory simulation exercises, clinical work, workshops and conferences.
- Clinical progression is geared to be systematic and progressive monitoring at all levels of learning.